Par Inc of Conn, Par Pool & Spa © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Powered by ParPools.com
How a Swimming Pool Works ...
Whether you have an inground pool or above ground pool, all pools essentially work the same:
- There's a pool body with an interior surface of vinyl, plaster, tile, fiberglass or a combination of these materials.
- Pool Water is drawn into the filter system (blue lines) from the skimmer & main drain (if equipped)
- Water comes into the filter system thru the 3-way valve (if equipped) & into the pump / motor
- Water travels into the filter (either Sand, DE or Cartridge) where fine dirt & debris are removed
- After the filter, the clean or cleaner, filtered water goes thru the heater (if equipped)
- Filtered & heated (not all pools) water returns to the pool (red lines) thru the return inlets
- For more information on the workings of your pool, click on the 5 Keys to Pool Care
All information contained in this article is courtesy of the BioGuard H2Know 2015-2016 Reference Guide.
Download FREE brochures to learn about pool care needs & problems.
If you still need help, here's how to reach us:
Telephone (during store hours): Shelton, CT 203-377-0100